[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rail Road

  • From: Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (the list)
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:59:06 +0000

We clearly have a board member (s) who does not adhere to the by-laws, and
worse this person tries to control everything to serve his own personal
interests and objectives.  Perhaps a closed session should be conducted to rail
road this party off the board.  I find it disgusting that the recording
secretary has been targeted for the very violations the accuser is guilty of!
Our BOD serve on a voluntary basis and most do this with a genuine interest in
our club and our breeds future.

It is truly sad when an individuals ego gets out of hand and they use
intimidation to gain power and control.  Their actions reflect badly on those
who try and do the right things for the right reasons.

(I have cut and pasted a small portion of Margery Golants post below.)

"After every meeting's Minutes were done, the game would start.  A
small group of people would claim that things that were in the Minutes were
wrong, that they never happened (even though they were as plain as day on
the recording). "

"However, there
were a number of Officers and Board members, mostly _______, _________,
_________ and __________(names omitted), who took issue with the fact that I
included in the Minutes the Report of the Review Marketing Committee, which
contained a proposal for an Internet e-zine which had been inappropriately
rejected by an individual Officer / Committee Chair, ________(name omitted),
without Board approval prior to the Board meeting."

"This accusation is also made in bad
faith, since if _______ (name omitted) had really wanted to hear the
recording, the would not have gone out of his way to interfere with the
almost complete project done specifically to make the recordings available
to you all.  Further, the allegations, even if true, would not form a basis
for any action against me."

"I have
objected to unwarranted and inappropriate secrecy and improvident and
unlawful closed door sessions. But, _________ (name omitted) continues to
call for them.  I have explained the danger of overusing of the Executive
Committee, and although ___________ (name omitted) pointed it out and
indicated that it should not occur, a small group has tried to run the
business of the club.  I have had serious concerns, which I expressed to you
all, that the Club was not being run in accordance with the By-laws, that
correct procedure was not being followed at the meetings, that Officers and
Committee Chairs were usurping functions without authority,   While there
are many more, several examples come immediately to mind: In my own case, I
found __________ (name omitted)  to be arranging recordings of telephonic
meetings, directing the conference call company hosting Board conference
calls not to deal with me to make recording arrangements and not instructing
them to send the recording which they produced to me.  This was highly
problematic, but when I asked _________ (name omitted) to intervene, he
ignored the issue.  ___________ (name omitted)  also, inappropriately and
without authority, involved himself in communications with Hunte's attorney,
which had very serious repercussions.  I was seriously concerned about
Budget and Finance issues, and when I asked questions, received sarcastic
answers without ever any further explanation.  I expressed serious concerns
about why the Budget & Finance Committee was referred the proposal of the
Review Marketing Committee for an e-Zine instead of the Board, and worse
yet, why it took it upon itself to reject the proposal  None of the
objections I made or arguments I raised were personal, although personal and
sarcastic responses were made to me."