[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: READ THIS AB1634    Read to the bottom

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: psharp212@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 22:43:37 EDT

I just took a moment to read this.   It is indeed true that there was an
offer for $2000 dollars to clubs that would agree to join AHA (charging them
membership fees), to allow their names to be used in AHA publicity.   And it is
true that this came through Pedigree.   AKC first publicized this, then
retracted
and told clubs to read the "fine print" (my words) carefully regarding their
obligation. It is also true (per AKC) that AKC allowed   (and my memory is
fuzzy on this one) either Pedigree or AHA to use the AKC club's data base to
contact the clubs.

It is also true that AHA is listed as a supporter of AB1634.

I'm trying to find the letter send out to the clubs, but I'm not having luck
on AKC's website.   Perhaps somebody saved it.

Stormy
In a message dated 5/26/07 7:25:17 PM, psharp212@xxxxxxx writes:

> MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT:
> "I  just had several emails forwarded to me in re the American Humane
> Association's support of California Bill AB1634. I did check their home
> page and indeed there is a "help prevent overpopulation of pets in
> California" link where they endorse the punitive bill. (Go to
> http://www.americanhumane.org/ and click on "Take Action" - see link
> under State Alerts.)

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope