[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: READ THIS AB1634    Read to the bottom

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: psharp212@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 00:37:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/07 9:09:32 PM, psharp212@xxxxxxx writes:

> This whole thing, including the recent attacks against AHA, is really
> strange.
> AHA, if it is the one I am thinking of, is a very old organization that has
> helped abused and abandoned children for many years.

I think what has happened, Paula...and I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong,
is that many of these very good organizations (and HSUS was different in the
beginning...not shelters,but education and donations, if I read it right) were
co-opted by Animal Rights people. Just as they are taking over many
politicians (Lightbulb, elephants and dogs' testicles), they took over
organizations
that were originally of a different purpose.   Reading the history of many of
the Animal Rights groups, the original purpose has been co-opted to the
extremists.

On the lists, there was a description of ARlight.   Not extremists, but going
along with the premises..no chain collars, no tethering, no crating, etc
etc., with which   the extremists are obfuscating their real goals...the
abolition
of humans using animals in any fashion...for food, for clothing, for
companionship.

You have to read the literature...but that IS the goal.

Stormy
> Perhaps politics makes strange bedfellows, in that, though they wouldn't
> want to outlaw pet ownership, they maybe would work with some AR people to
> stop cruelty to animals??  Kind of like Paul's logic in aligning the GSDCA
> with Hunte to assist in fighting the AR people??

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org