[ SHOWGSD-L ] Questions about procedure

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:25:05 EDT

Listers

Thru the National, and ever since, there seems to be a huge discrepancy
about what the right procedures are, and the handling of the regular and
non-regular classes and how to make those results comply with Parent club
regulations
AND not get in trouble with AKC.

So here are some questions that need answering.  I will be curious to  see
the responses, and maybe we can all learn something.  I warn you, I  asked 5
different judges and got 5 different responses.

1- Best Puppy (non regular class).  If you kept up with this topic,  you know
even AKC didn't have a standard answer.  So, if a puppy wins WD or  WB, they
are automatically BP, and if they win RWD or RWB the other pup of the  same
sex should be excluded from BP competition.  This years results non
withstanding ,as AKC doesn't record this class. Is this the final answer?

2- Veteran Classes. Do they come back in for BOB (regular class), even  if
they were eliminated from the Select (non regular class). And can we please
show Veterans on half rings?  It is a crime to make these old guys and gals
run
the whole ring. Let them shine with as much comfort as possible, they earned
it, don't you think?

3- WD and WB.  Do they automatically go Select just as a  "tradition".  My
answer to that, by the way, is no, we are judging dogs,  not tradition. And if
either WD or WB goes select, does that automatically makes  them BOW?.  I guess
if both go Select is back to square one.

4- In the Stewards Club I belonged to there are specific instructions from
the judges before judging begins. Are they going to allow late entries, are
they going to allow handlers changes, what to do when there are too many
animals. Do they stay in catalog order, male first or vice versa.  All the
little
things that make it all run smoother.  Can we create something like  that,
something standard that every judge can work with and eliminate the  confusion
that's bound to happen in a ring that busy and with classes that  big.

5-Are these issues in the P&P, and if not, can they be  incorporated?  Can we
add these answers to possible issues to the judges  contracts?

6- More importantly, when any of these questions arise, who has the final
word and do all the stewards and the judges know who that person is?

I am looking for real, sensitive and productive answers. All others please
save it, we have had enough bitching for now.

Ileana