[ SHOWGSD-L ] Q

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:45:53 -0500

Having judged the White National, I can answer the question.

Yes, Whites can produce colored dogs. I believe hey are shown in the "Stock"
class. One bitch I judged was fantastic and I told them to show her at AKC and
they finished her.

I think the answer would be that if a colored dog were born of White parents,
they would be ineligible to be shown in the White class.  It would depend of
the standard.  They could put in the standard that color is not a DQ.  Would
that not be a slap in our face?  Or maybe a better way to call it, an
enlightened approach to color.

I had a dream where a dog was judged on the quality of the dog, not the color
of the coat.

But, then I woke up and had eaten my pillow.

Or is that another dream?

Evan