[ SHOWGSD-L ] Prosternum or Posternum...

  • From: acara1997@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 00:36:12 +0000

Oh come on Mike!
Are you saying that one interpreter was universally responsible for a century
of mis-use by virtually hundreds of credible authorities on the subject
including the Founder of Breed? lol... Do you realize how ridiculous that
sounds! Re-read Peggy's post as it was very factual and informative.

I do not own a breed specific book or publication (and I have most) that uses
the word "Posternum"! Some of which include the more notable authors such as:
Von Stephanitz, Goldbecker, Bennett, Strickland-Moses, GSD Encyclopedia, etc.,
and there are many, many more!

Additionally, the written Breed Standards adopted by the SV, GSDCA and AKC are
all WRONG? And most importantly, that the misuse of this term was remarkably
uncovered by you on this List!  Brilliant...  Is this what you are saying Mike
as surely don't want to mis-quote you?

I to would prefer closure on the topic, however, as a student of the breed I
prefer accuracy and facts in lieu of possibilities, generalities and
speculation when it comes to breed specific history...

Call it what you want, I'm sticking with Max! ,)

Regards,
Randy Darnell

From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:45:38 +0000 (UTC)
To: <acara1997@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Prosternum in bugs - Posternum in Mammals

Actually Randy, the interpreter responsible for the German to
English transcription used the word.......................

Enough already,  you've buried the discussion in nonsensical flutter

Sent via BlackBerry by