[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Premature pup

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

Today we c-sectioned our Maggie May at day 67 from the first breeding.  She was
3.4 on a Thursday, left for a dog show Friday, and bred her the following Sat
and Mon.  It looks as though she stalled and never ovulated until later because
the vet says the pup looks to be around 5 days premature.  I'd really
appreciate any advice or suggestions regarding raising a preemie.  He
only weighs 8 oz,  has no sucking reflex, the dam has no milk, and the vet said
his chances are slim.  I am tube feeding every 2 hours and he seems strong.

Thank you in advance,

Gina
 ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c