[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Point Question

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:38:27 +0000

No, that's no the way it works.
When a class dog/bitch goes BOB over specials,
they (both sexes) are added to that animal's total number
defeated.
In your situation, there could have been NO class
bitches and he still would have gotten one point.
Kay

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
-bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > From:
melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ]
Re: Point Question> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:06:18 -0400> > > When the bitch
goes breed over the male special, he is added to the number > of males
defeated, which makes it 4 points. The reason I know is I > finished a dog who
only needed one point a few years ago. It was a small > all breed show where
there were only 2 class males shown (no points) and 2 > class bitches (no
points). My male went WD. In breed, there was only one > special and it was a
bitch. He went BOW & BOB over the bitch special and > the bitch special went
Best Opposite. The bitch special was added to the > number of bitches shown,
making it one point.> > Hope this helps!> Melissa> www.melanashepherds.com> > >
----- Original Message ----- > From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Cc: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 1:17 AM> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Point Question> > > >I agree with both of you - since the WD
did not beat the special he only> > has three points. Since WB went Best of
Winners, she also picks> > up the three points the WD earned - so they each
have three points> > for the Breed. If WB gets Group 1, she still might end up
with more> > points if another breed in the group had 4 or 5 points.> > Janice
Buchanan> > Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT> >> >> > On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at
10:37 PM, <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> >> >> Since the Winners Dog did not
go BOS, he only gets the 3 points because > >> he> >> did not beat the male
Special to get that additional point.> >>> >> If I'm wrong on this, please let
me know...> >>> >>> >> Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member> >> Allemande German
Shepherd Dogs> >> Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam> >>> >> ----- Original
Message -----> >> From: "Cimarrongsd" <cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>> >> To:
"Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> >> Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:05 PM>
>> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Point Question> >>> >>> >> At a show, it is a 3 pt
major in dogs.> >> It is lacking being 4 pts, by one dog.> >>> >> It is only 2
pts in bitches.> >> A class bitch goes on for winners bitch,> >> best of
winners and best of breed over> >> a male special and a female special.> >> The
winners dog does NOT get Best of Opposite.> >> BOS goes to the male special.>
was hoping for 4 )> >>> >> /steve d.> >> Visit Cimarron Shepherds on the Web!>
>> http://www.cimarron-gsd.com> >>> >>> >> --> >>> >> >> >
============================================================================> >
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the > > original
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or > > FORWARDS of any
kind are permitted without prior permission of the > > original author AND of
the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.> >> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE
THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY > > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL
WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS > > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO
THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY > > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION
OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL > > BE PROSECUTED.> >> > For
assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >> >
VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org> >
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>