[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pity Party

  • From: "The Crystal Crow" <thecrystalcrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:19:18 -0400

My Pity Party consolation ice cream is New York Superchunk! (Mmmm-MMMM!)
I've been working, working, working-so shorthanded for the last year, so I
haven't had time to miss much, but Mom and I are going to the National next
year-Hooray!

I'm in VA with Peggy, and we could sure use the rain-my grass is dead and
when the dogs run in the yard, they kick up little puffs of dust. The only
things that have happened here lately are that Terra got her head stuck in
the fence, and I scored 20,000 Christmas lights from a man who was moving to
Australia. we have a "Tacky Lights" tour here between Thanksgiving and
Christmas, and through divorce and other disasters I had lost about 30,000
lights. This year, my display will  be back up to where it was a few years
ago. The tours are fun, and we get to wave at the buses and limos that go
by. I'm looking for an elf collar for Rhea-it's her first Christmas with us,
and it will be great socialization for her to see all of the people that
stop to check the lights out. She's just had her first season, and had the
joy of learning how to wear men's briefs around the house (what fun!). We
took a bunch of pictures. We've had lots of firsts lately-first season,
first vet's visit, first yard sale outing, first visit to the coffee shop,
first meeting small children-she's getting better and better every time.
She's such a sweet dog. She knows her sits and downs, and we're working on
"come" with a sit in front of me, and the finish. Stays are not so good yet,
but we're practicing every night. She's really food motivated, which makes
it easier. She still doesn't like baths-oddly, the first shepherd that I've
had that doesn't. Another first-first nail clipping! No TOO much of a rodeo.
:)

Kristal