[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pets/ GSDCA Flier and OTHER DQ's

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, "'showgsd'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:22:33 -0800

So I have to assume you would not object if the Flyer featured a GSD with down
ears...bottom
teeth protruding like a Bulldog with an undershot bite, a light pink nose and
half a tail......?
If we are allowed to promote whites....we should be obligated to promote the
other DQ's!!

Since 95% of our pet buyers don't compete at dog shows they do not deserve a
GSD that
actually resembles what a German Shepherd Dog is supposed to look like?
And all this time I thought it was the NEW PUPPY BUYERS we are supposed to
educate.......sigh...

Trust me....those that want and prefer a white dog can easily find them....DQ
or not.   They
certainly do not need to be promoted on our membership flyers for our Parent
Club who is
supposed to be  promoting the GSD according to our Mission Statement.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Registration and GSDCA Flier and the Review

the Dr. And I agree on this one. While I understand the objections to the white
obedience GSD on the flier, the flier is aimed at NEW PUPPY owners! I'd bet
that 95 % of these dogs will never enter and compete at a serious level in
conformation! The flier is clearly directed towards folks that are not club
members. I would have NOT used the white dog in the flier but based on who the
intended audience is I don't have a problem with it!  Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App