[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Performance events...

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:45:34 -0700

There has been a huge down trend, (financial hit) that dog shows are taking
right now, but the Prescott, AZ Kennel Club entry numbers were holding a
strong 3,000. Last year they dropped to under 900. Even though dog clubs are
non-profit, the AKC does not like it when club monies hit bottom.

The AKC has a history of looking for every avenue to keep things a float.
With these economic woes, the pressure will be on the parent clubs. The old
adage will be the same: everyone in the GSD world will be asked to join
hands. The wGSD owner's once accepted in the AKC breed ring will contribute
in entry fee's which are badly needed. My take on it anyway from past
events. As we all know, AKC is all about money no matter what. I can't
believe some of the new breeds they're excepting in...

People are not even taking their dogs to obedience like they should because
of either class prices, or gas money.

Kathy Partch "JoKay's"