[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pedigree's promoting of "shelter dogs"

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:57:37 -0700

And so do many other perfectly nice people support AB1634.  Even mass
murderers have been known to do good things once in a while and even the
most saintly person you know has done disagreeable things that just don't
totally agree with your ideals. It doesn't make anyone ALL bad, nor ALL
good!!  Be careful to not advocate throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
  Don't you just love metaphors??

Don't get me wrong, I am pretty much opposed to AB1634 as it stands, but, I
can see the good intentions it represents, also.  These aren't ALL bad
people behind it.  Just poorly informed people.
Insulting and hating them isn't going to defeat the bill.  Communication
and/or the Courts will do it.
It will cost us, the taxpayers in California, a fortune, but, that is what
all these initiatives that voters, through their ignorance, pass, as do our
legislators.  Thank heavens for the Supremes!!  The sad part isn't the
millions of dollars it will cost to throw these stupid laws out, the sad
part is the few who will be victimized by these laws.

So, that being said, keep those cards, e-mails, and letters going out to
Sacramento, but, be polite so that you do get heard and your opinion
considered as coming from a decent person, not a nut-case!!

Paula, 140 days and counting