[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pedigree's promotin of "shelter dogs"

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:13:31 -0700

The Schipperke people don't seem to be having a problem with the banning of
tail-docking; their big internal argument seems to be what KIND of tail to
breed for and put in their revised Standard: Spitz-like or a saber, like our
dogs, or something else.
Not EVERYONE who breeds docked and cropped dogs are opposed to the banning
of such practices.  I know several Great Dane breeders that are thrilled to
not have to put their puppies through that surgery just to show them in the
American breed rings.
That remark by the AKC is not giving an entirely accurate picture of the
reality of people's beliefs and opinions, and is yet another example of the
distorted propaganda I am really getting annoyed, irritated, and insulted
by!!

Paula, 140 days and counting