[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PRIVATE

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:37:31 -0400

Peggy - I don't know why the subject line says private, here, since you copied
Sally and the list.  Actually, Peggy, the RALEEF committee provided very little
help to me on several issues in my state (debarking, pet dealer definitions,
breeder license requirements, dog license fees, etc).  I did ask for help,
feedback, and ideas on some of these issues but basically got very little help
from the group.  I tackled issues in this state as Stormy tackled issues in
hers (somebody's got to put out the fires as they start in each state ).  The
Maine Federation of Dog Clubs is grateful for my efforts even if you are not.
I also donated items (along with Donna Cassista) and organized a raffle at last
year's Northeast futurity, raising $500 for RALEEF efforts with the raffle and
RALEEF button sales.  I took vacation time from work to attend the NAIA
conference so that I can further educate myself on legislative issues.  I told
Paul I would work with him to coordinate efforts of the regional RALEEF
representatives since he realized that he'd lost credibility with the RALEEF
group (something the RALEEF committee is apparently totally uninterested in -
actually, I'm not sure there is a RALEEF committee at this point in time).  All
this while I underwent chemotherapy throughout the winter for a cancer
recurrence.  Yet, apparently, I was totally uninvolved in RALEEF.  In case you
can't tell, I am just a tad annoyed.

Maybe I know more about Paul's actions and intentions because I asked him?

I stand by my belief that we'd be better off aligning ourselves with a group
like NAIA, supporting their efforts with our money and interested GSDCA members
who could volunteer their time and effort to work on different legislative
issues as they arise here, there, and everywhere across this country.

Laurie
>>> Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> 8/8/2007 9:58 AM >>>
May have been.........but where the money came from was not told to those of us
who Paul asked to accompany him to the NAIA conference.  I know he told me "I
am going to try to get Lew to get the club to pay our way."  Other than myself
and Stormy, the only person I know he asked to go was Laurie....who was totally
uninvolved in RALEEF except when it pertained to the debarking law proposed in
her own state.  No problem with her, but still a problem with Paul...who kept
RALEEF in the dark and continually tried to take credit for things other people
did...all the time doing nothing himself.
       If there was a $10,000 donation to RALEEF, none of us on the Committee
knew anything about it until AFTER the July Board meeting, when we found out
that Paul had asked the Board to give half of that to NAIA and the other half
to some other nondescript organization that was NOT a valid group.
Peggy

sally@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

. I know that Paul worked with Lew in getting permission to send GSDCA
representatives to the conference.
Seems to me this is a very legitimate expense- We are fighting a war with breed
legislation - one we don't want to loose

Sally www.embroiderybysally.com ( http://www.embroiderybysally.com/ )

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org ( http://www.showgsd.org/