[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Other breeds confession - Afgans..

  • From: "M. Mike Lynch" <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx, TerraNorte@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, I will admit it to. I went thru the "afghan phase" post GSD's. (I think
this was my first introduction to "hair' and never looked back). I had a blue
dog that was a son of Ch. Kabik's Sky Cruiser and a Creme son of Ch. Elmo's
Tutankhamun (sp) that was a sister to Kevin and Barbara Cassidays Ch. Casbar's
Sugar and Spice aka "Cinnamon".  Loved the grooming, loved the hair, loved the
wrapping and so on.. I think thats what led me to standard poodles.   Great
dogs, they lived with me for a long time and one day Alex *the blue dog* laid
down on his pillow and didnt get up again. Smart, kinda goofy and a bit
stubborn and needy, but pretty... kinda like all my dates.

  What I think is unique is all the Afghan people like Karen Wagner (Pahlavi),
the Cassidy's and Peter Belmont have switched to the "hairless breeds" like
Chinese Cresteds and Chinese Shar-Pei's. Interesting

  Mike

countries) for 2¢/min or less.