[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oregon National site

  • From: Channing Sheets <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TISHW@xxxxxxx" <tishw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 02:34:42 +0000

This is exactly the reason why I have gone in two years. Before Frontier
stopped taking dogs I went 7 years straight. I agree you must contact the
airlines and make sure they will take dogs in 500 crates.

Channing

From: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx; scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx;
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; TISHW@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oregon National site
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:25:17 -0700

The Oregon site was one of the nicer ones for sure.....Obviously we loved it a
lot as that is whereCH. Mar Haven's And The Beat Goes On ( Bono ) went Grand
Victor! Ah the memories......<G>
However... ( sorry ) ..... I know a lot of people from the East had trouble
getting into Portland, Ore. and had to fly into Seattle,Wa.....or drive. We
should always consider those coming in with dogs...as withoutthe dogs from all
over the Nation.....we don't have a great National. Again....if the Chair
and their Committee or the Board would just "TRY" to book a dog in a # 500
cratewhen they go to check out National sites they would quickly learn what
Exhibitors that actually bring INthe dogs have to deal with in deciding if they
can even bother with that National or not.They don't have to actually FLY with
a dog in a # 500......just try to book one with them at the same time.The
changes in the airlines are one of the big reasons our Nationals are getting
smaller. Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of myjoygs
(Redacted sender " To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx; marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
TISHW@xxxxxxx

lol yes it was one more positive!!!
Joyce Willis

On Jul 23, 2015 4:40 PM, TISHW@xxxxxxx wrote:Wasn't Topeka the place that had
the really good happy hour? Lots of food and drink. Tish

Tish Walker

In a message dated 7/23/2015 2:08:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
myjoygs@xxxxxxx writes:It was a very convenient site, walk to and from the
hotel to the show site Stalls. The only thing that I can remember not good
was that the food was high priced.MYJOY SHEPHERDSJoyce Willis -----Original
Message-----
From: dmarc-noreply <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: marhaven
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; If I remember it correctly we could walk from the
headquarters hotel to the show site -- in any case it was very close. The
facility itself lacked nothing -- good for conformation and obedience. Even
herding was a good option. I think it had nice stalls and RV facilities too.
Best site we have had and priced right for the club too as I recall. I liked
Oregon too-- that had a lot going for it for a west coast venue. Ginny