[ SHOWGSD-L ] Oprah

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 03:23:08 -0400

Didn't see too many responses about the actual show.? I am surprised by this.?
What did you all think, that watched the show?? I thought the show was very PC
and watered down.? Even Wayne Parcelles, ok however you spell his name.? They
did not target show/hobby breeders and the AKC letter (snipped) was a nice
touch.? But,?I don't think the reality of the situation hit home.? I don't
think people will stop buying from pet stores or from the internet volume
breeders.? It was a good try but fell far short of giving people options.? They
never really came out and said that if you?DON'T buy from pet stores, the
market will?dry up and there will be no need for puppy mills.? They pushed
adoption and I have no issue with that but they really didn't go into the
difference between a volume breeder and a someone who really cares about what
they produce.? I realize we are only about 5% of the general dog buying public,
but couldn't they have interviewed a responsible show breeder?? Just
 some thoughts.
Laura???????