[ SHOWGSD-L ] Opinions of Judges

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:18:04 -0700

The last couple of days there have been many opinions on the art of
Judging.

We all are entitled to our opinion.

I have MANY opinions.  Most of the time I try to keep them to myself.
There are some judges I wouldn't show to again and some I look for.
The ones I wouldn't show under are not necessarily bad judges, they just
didn't particularly like my dog,   So, therefore, I don't want to beat
my
head against a brick wall.  I don't have to bash the judge, I just will
go
elsewhere.  There are plenty of shows and judges to choose from.

When we convey our opinion about a judge, I hope that we would think
about
the people that are on the list who might have been there and might have
won.  Did this ever happen to anybody on the list?....You are new to the
breed and won at a local show and you tell a 'friend' and they make a
comment like 'Oh, I heard there was nothing good there"  Wow, that makes
you
feel accomplished!!!   Some of us are just hardheads and keep on
truckin.
But some may not be able to take this and walk.  We may lose someone who
might have made a contribution to the breed, but we will never know.

Just my opinion.

Carol Weale ~ DanKa