[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Opinion on Accepting the TT instead of a TC

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 09:16:30 -0500

My experience has been different.   I have completed both the TT / TC on
many of my dogs.   Most of them have been the TT - for the
same reason most have stated - difficulty in finding the TC anywhere close.

In my opinion there is really no difference in the tests.  I find more
difference in some of the evaluator's methods and scoring.   The only
difference I have experienced is the scoring on the "friendliness" of the
dog.   Some of the TT evaluators do not appreciate the
fact that our breed is very approachable but relatively aloof.   I have had
them give my dog a slightly lower score here than you would
see at most TC tests because of their (GSD's) lack of exuberant
friendliness.  I have been lucky as I have never had one of my
kids fail either test.   (I do not "train" before the test.)

As I said - just my opinion.   I would like to see the TT accepted as well
as the TC.

Sandy

At 09:33 PM 8/31/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>As someone who has particiapted in the TC tests since the very first
>official one at the Phoenix National and who has witnessed many TT tests,
>I do not consider them to be equivalent.  The people doing the TT tests
>(at least in the ones I have seen) have not been sufficiently knowledgable
>to properly evaluate the German Shepherd temperament.  I would not want to
>see the TT accepted in place of a TC.
>
>That being said, I do agree that there are not enough TC tests.  There
>seems to be a resistence to training and approving additional testors by
>the Parent Club.  While it is not rocket science, it does need to have
>someone who has a good knowledge of what a correct German Shepherd
>temperament is.
>
>Again, my personal opinion.
>
>Sue Mazzeo
>
>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
>confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
>use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
>or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the
>Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
>recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
>communication.
>POST is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
>FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
>original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
>Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
>and its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
>expressed in any post.

>FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
>BE PROSECUTED.
>
>For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
>NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/