[ SHOWGSD-L ] Opinion on Accepting the TT instead of a TC

  • From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l digest users" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:07:24 -0700

Sorry, Terry, but you have it the wrong way round.

The GSDCA adapted the test, with permission, from the Doberman Pinscher Club of
America
Working Aptitute Certificate that was developed by, among others,
Vic Monteleone.  Then the ATTS lifted the test without permission.

I had the pleasure of having lunch with Vic Monteleone when he came
to the Western Regional Council of German Shepherd Dog Clubs
annual symposium back in the late 1970s.  Vic explained the test and
how it was developed for the Doberman club.

While ATTS does the same group of tests, they are evaulated differently.
And, sorry, but this test was NEVER meant to be an all breed test and is
not appropriate for all breeds.

Sue Mazzeo
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Opinion on Accepting the TT instead of a TC

Didn't the GSDCA pretty much steal the TC from the TT folks? Now it isn't good
enough? Doesn't make sense to me. I have seen TC evaluators that I didn't think
had a clue as to what they were doing. I think the CGC is probably a better
test
than both of the others.  There is no way to teach to that test! Maybe all
clubs
should have there own CGC evaluator.
Terry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.