[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: On that note.......colors

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'v cleary117'" <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 20:42:59 -0700

On that note..........I believe "Johnny has left the building"....... <G>

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx] To: v cleary117;
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'showgsd-l'

Amen sister Martello! Them is the facts! You can tell black puppies at birth!
Just look under the tail...
If you see no tan, it's a black! Wonder where they looked when I was born!
Goodnight Johnny FB

From: Carolyn Martello To: v cleary117, freelist Sent: August 9, 2015 at 6:28
PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A question ...colors
A black is a TRUE Black. The flecks of color on their pasterns and hocks does
not
change that fact.
As Morton said...NO MARKING around the anus area. Flecks of color is NOT a
Marking. You are misunderstanding them to be markings. You KNOW when you
are looking at a bi color...there are no FLECKS of color....but markings.
You CANNOT get a black and tan from two blacks!!
A black is double recessive for black.....he can produce NO OTHER COLOR!

Each GSD carries two colors. When you breed a black to another color...the
"other"
"colors" besides black in the litter are what the "colored" or patterned mate
carries.
What you see when you look at the "colored" dog....and the "other" color it
carries
is the other possible colors in the litter. No matter what...the black only
carries the
solid black recessive. IF the mate does not carry the black factor...there
will be
NO blacks.
Think of coats.....it's the same......

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Virginia Cleary Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2015 5:35 PM Subject:Re:
A question for breeders.....

Provided they are true blacks and not just registered that way. You need to see
the dog in person (or a LOT of photos from many different angles) to be sure it
is true black. I have seen many a dog registered as black that had tan
markings, albeit nearly nonexistent ones. That is how you get black and tans
out of two ostensibly ‘solid’ blacks.

Ginger Cleary
Rome, GA

_____