[ SHOWGSD-L ] Old trophies

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:23:53 -0700

Yesterday was a real sad day of rememberance.  I had to finally disgard all
the ribbons accumulated through the years of showing.  Going through them
was painful since many were from my departed kids.  The plaques and trophies
are in my will to go to one dear friend who requested them so the kids will
always be remembered. Some of the ribbons were Holly's and Monday will mark
the fourth year of my last return to N.Y. to search for her.  Loving these
dogs is never easy when we lose them but one thing I know I had a wonderful
time with all of them and so much love.  I met some great people who will
always be in my heart for their help and encouragement.  I sure miss seeing
all of you at the shows but time has a way of catching up to us all.  So
please stop fighting with one another and respect the fact that what binds
this list together is our love for our loving German Shepherds.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German shepherds
Acton, CA
www.geocities.com/hightorgsd