[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Often The Majority Rules!

  • From: Paige Hamilton <jimchyn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:24:39 -0700 (PDT)

I am fairly new to the breed (compared to some) and so my opinion probably
doesn't even count but here it is any way. If my understanding of the choosing
of judges is correct then the board chooses a certain number to pick from and
then the members choose the specific people to do the assignment. What I am
hearing is that the board picks the same people over and over again along with
some "new" faces that may have judged before but never the National. Now what
the discussion is about is that the same judges judge over and over and some
people think we should be required to limit the number of times someone judges
or choose only those that have never done it before. To this others are saying
that the ones who haven't done it before don't have the experience and we can't
trust them to do a good job. Well then don't vote for that person!! But
shouldn't the board be trusted to only allow you to vote on the best
individuals? What I am saying is that who ever is on the ballot shoul
 d be
 trust worthy enough to hand the future of our breed to and responsible enough
not to choose on political reasoning and perhaps ruin the next generation of
dogs (because we all know that whoever goes GV will most likely have the most #
of stud services in the next year).

http://mail.yahoo.com