[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not a valid premise

  • From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, amidon481@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:28:57 -0400

I do think people will remember Utah for the good judging.   Barbara moved
swiftly through the individuals and she did what she wanted to do.   She didn't
look at handlers, nor did it appear that she worried one bit what people
thought.   She just judged.   In my opinion the GVx was an easy
winner...stunning in every way possible.  Clearly Barbara and Bob felt the same
way about her and that is something I think many will remember too.

I will also remember Utah for the many "firsts" that happened.    The FV,
Winner's Dog, and Select male - the FIRST show dog of a very sweet person,
Roxann.   I could not have been more thrilled for the owner, the breeder Dave
Lasater, and of course Nancy who did a great job handling.

Also, some firsts for those close to me.....

My dear friends from Michigan Jeff & Jami Vander kooi had some firsts.   I
showed their puppy "Elle" and she went 3rd in the 9-12 bitch class...their
first National win.    Then the next day Jeff himself handled a beautiful bitch
(a Bailey daughter) for Dawn Van Dyken who placed 3rd Am Bred bitch in what was
probably the largest and deepest quality class of the entire National.  It was
one of the most thrilling moments of the national for me to see Jeff & Zelda
compete and do so well.   It was awesome.   Also, the 2nd Open dog was the very
first show dog for owner Whiendy Parry.  You would have thought her dog just
went GV!   But it was a wonderful moment, except her crying made me cry!  LOL

All of the above people are great people and watching things unfold was
something I will never ever forget.
I am so glad to see "newbies" and young people doing well.  It's what our sport
needs.  That energy and freshness. The spirit and happiness that comes from
unexpected wins.   So, I will remember Utah for all of the amazing moments and
I am certain that Roxann, Jeff, Jami, Whiendy and many others would agree.

Jeff Pyle
Windfall