[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not Happy with NUTRO!

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:38:55 -0800 (PST)

You are not the first to bring this up.  I use Nutro's Natural Lamb and Rice
for large breed puppies.  My dogs are just fine.  I am not having any real
problems.  Yes, I do seem to have more stool, but they are tight stools unless
I add too much water.  And the dogs are doing great.

  They may have changed what they are doing, but it is not affecting my dogs.
All of mine have severe chicken allergy, any fowl protien will be noticed, any
increase in egg will be noticed.  But nothing has changed about their condition
that would be caused by the food.

  My poor dogs are pent up right now, the yard is being re-sodded and the patio
screen is set off the house so the wood it attaches to can be replaced.  Work
men all over, gait open most of the time, dogs want to play and pull up the
blocks of sod.  They will be fine once I can let them play a bit.
  sheila
Bonnie Dinsmore <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I told the Nutro Corporate Office today that I was going to tell all of my
German Shepherd friends to be careful with their product....I am SOOO mad after
just getting off the phone with them. My dogs started having more frequent
bowel movements, and looser. I called Nutro, and of course they said nothing
was different with the food. I emailed, and they just called me again--Again,
they denied any change. I started asking questions about the poultry fat they
now spray on the food-OH, he said-"that's the only thing different!" I also
questioned the soybean oil, and the changed label on the bag also stating Dried
PLAIN Beet Pulp--oh, "It's just the different way we process it now!" I am done
with a company I have trusted for years. Nutro used to be a GREAT Company & a
Great food. I told the man that I am half expecting to get a free bag of M&M's
in my dog food now. I have a pregnant girl here, and I am NOT amused by their
cheapening the ingredients. I worked for Petsmar
t for 8 years. I saw this happen with Pro Plan when Nestle bought them out, and
Eukanuba/Iams with Proctor & Gamble. Customers started coming up to me and
saying that the dogs were now scratching, vomiting, and didn't eat all of their
food. LISTEN to your dogs...they KNOW when something is wrong with their food.
I recommend using a dog food who's company makes PET FOODS-NOT toothpaste or
candy. Sorry for this long bitch, but I am now looking at Merrick, which seems
to be a great company, or a few others that have human grade ingredients. Any
suggestions??
Thanks! p.s-Let Nutro know how you feel if you are not happy.
1-800-833-5330-ask for the CORPORATE OFFICE.
Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds