[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No place for us.

  • From: Penny Kroh <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:26:58 -0400

All-breed people are the MOST supportive in the game.  They frequently
tell me how nice it is to see a GSD that looks like a GSD should look,
and doesn't have his tail tucked, or doesn't walk on his hocks, who
doesn't have a sway back, etc.  I think it is dog show people who have
a poor perception of our breed; the public seems to love them!

The public is very pro-dog, in my experience.  And, they do seem to
like good dogs who look like what they are supposed to look like.

This isn't just a Harley brag, either, as I have had these same
compliments and comments on Ch. Diana, and my Gable son, Asgard's
Romulus.  I guess I just am around different people than you two
are??  Who knows?

Paula, 154 days and counting
Hear, hear Paula!  When we were showing The Kid and Punky, they had
quite an all breed following, especially The Kid.  There was a man
that Henry and Jane called Beagle Man (because he showed them) who
always cheered for Kidder.  And when Fred showed Jeddie's son Roadie
as a pup, I had all breed handlers come up to me and shake my hand for
breeding such a correct and sound dog--it humbled me.  (As most of you
know, I usually buy rather than breed.)  On the other hand, when we
showed the two girls at specialties, comments I got were, "Oh, if I
knew you were coming, I would have stayed home."  PLEASE--we paid our
entries and took our chances like everyone else!
I LOVE the all breed shows!!  (Paula is having such a good time with
Harley--it makes me happy.  I just might go to a dog show soon.  I'd
love to see HIM <and Paula, too vbg.>)  Want to have a GREAT time?  Go
to an all breed show.
Penny in NY