[ SHOWGSD-L ] No place for politics in government

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:03:07 EST

In a message dated 12/29/04 3:05:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx writes:
f you  were to take a poll of the listers, you'd be overwhelmed with the
number of  folks who have seen politics in the specialty ring.

Way too many people use politics for an excuse for not winning. I know Tedi
and I couldn't care less who is handling. I know Twyla would never put up a
handler. I know so many judges who would never do that, and yet I hear how they
 went with this or that person. I suspect there are even some who think I put
up  a handler and not a dog.

I know better, and that is why I think politics do not play a part in  most
Specialty shows.  I have heard it said many times why a dog won, but  seldom
because it was the best one there, IN THAT JUDGE'S OPINION ON THAT  DAY.

I feel so much better to say you lost to politics than to acknowledge you
lost to a better dog.  If you want to test this, just start naming judges,  and
start with Evan, Tedi, Twyla, Paul, Rita, Randy, Fran, Jack, or Dave, and
then tell me who they put up other than the dogs?

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together