[ SHOWGSD-L ] No GSD's at the AKC Meet the Breeds

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:36:18 -0400

Hi;
I was disappointed after reading the Board minutes in the Review that our breed
will not be represented in NYC on October 16 & 17
when AKC and CFA do their Meet The Breeds at the Javis Center.

At the Delagates meeting they went over the event and over 139 Parent Clubs
will be present, along with Federations. They also
have committments from 85 Legislators from NY, NJ and CT attending. I will be
attending with the NJ Dog Federation booth.

I know that this conflicts with the National, but you can not tell me that
every member of Clubs in this area will be at the National?

This is really sad, especially since our breed played such a big part in 9/11
and continues to protect and work the streets and subways
of NYC everyday that we will not have any representation of a breed that is # 3
in the nation.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx