[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New York, New York

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

Seems to me to be a good idea to have a board member at the counting facility
at this point.  It give us members a more direct contact with the ballots.  Not
that he will have any great power over what is done, but it should make the
people working on our ballots pay attention, the contract for next year is now
up for grabs.  If they do a good job, they can try for it again, with
modifications of their envelopes, and maybe things will work out ok.

  If we do not send a representative, we cannot be sure of what the election
company has done, even with an outside auditor.  It is good to have one of our
own there, and I can't think of a board member better suited to this task just
now.  He is new, fresh and most respected by the membership, and he is not up
for election this year.  A great choice by the board to be sure.

  Maybe not money wasted as I had read earlier.
  sheila
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/10/2007 8:36:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
The bigger question for me is if there is a dispute between Bart , election

company and auditors who will prevail. Nothing against Bart but had to use
his
name since he is the one going. If we take our own board members finders as
good results then why pay the election company and auditors good money for
NOTHING.
Oh seems like the clubs has spent lots of good money for NOTHING LATELY.

May as well continue to be consistent.

Lee Brown

I agree, I don't understand that move at all. Let's say Sharon gets written
confirmation from the election company that any vote, properly filled out
within a signed envelope that can be identified by (1) the addy on the back (2)
the bar code on the back or (3) the signature on the front will be counted.
Bart is not supposed to "touch" things, I gather. Is he there to be an
extra set of eyes to try and decipher signatures when the addy and bar code
have
both been scribbled over?

If all he's supposed to do is give a tally of votes received v. votes
counted, well heck, the election company could do that for us with a phone
call.

Also...what difference what the number is? Do we have a determination of
what is acceptable and what isn't? And what actions will be taken if it is
determined the results aren't acceptable?

Where is Jimmy Carter these days? He did some election observing in his
day. Gosh, this is just absurd.

Once charges have been filed can they be amended to include pi**ing money
away?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.