[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Orleans

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:28:51 EDT

_Stormygsd@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Stormygsd@xxxxxxx)  writes:  ........yet nations
are slow to respond, many affected have turned into the  indescribable - I am
ashamed of my own country that says "we'll give support if  asked"
IF ASKED????? What the hell is that???? It is a sad day for  mankind...
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
Sue,
No need to be ashamed.  CNN had a long special late last night listing  the
many foreign countries that have offered help and, surprisingly, it not only
included the big European countries but many of the small and rather poor
SouthAmerican and Asian countries.  I believe there was also a statement  from
the
President saying that he appreciated the offering but we would take  care of
our own.  I don't know that the horrible things we are seeing are  because of
the lack of resources, it looks to be more lack of organization  and
leadership.  And that role can only be provided by us.   This  has been a very
hard and
painful lesson for our leaders.

Dania