[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Group Alignment

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:46:23 EDT

Thought you all might be interested in the new Group  Alignment. We are still
in the Herding Group,but we are Group #9 now. When I  started judging,the GSD
was in the Working Group. I didn't know whether they'd  put us back there or
leave us. Helen Miller Fisher

AKC Group Realignment Committee â?? Proposed Breeds &  Groups
(7/31/08)
From a presentation to the Delegates on September 8, 2008  by the AKC Group
Realignment Committee
Group 1: Sporting â?? Pointers  and Setters (11) (12)
Brittany
Pointer
Pointer (German  Shorthaired)
Pointer (German Wirehaired)
Setter (English)
Setter  (Gordon)
Setter (Irish
Setter (Irish Red & White) Miscellaneous  6/27/07; Full Recognition 1/1/09
Spinone  Italiano
Vizsla
Weimaraner
Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

Group 2:  Sporting - Retrievers and Spaniels (17) (18)
Retriever (Chesapeake  Bay)
Retriever (Curly-Coated)
Retriever (Flat-Coated)
Retriever  (Golden)
Retriever (Labrador)
Retriever (Nova Scotia Duck  Tolling)
Spaniel (American Water)
Spaniel (Boykin) â?? Miscellaneous  1/1/08
Spaniel (Clumber)
Spaniel (Cocker) ASCOB
Spaniel (Cocker)  Black
Spaniel (Cocker) Parti-color
Spaniel (English Cocker)
Spaniel  (English Springer)
Spaniel (Field)
Spaniel (Irish Water)
Spaniel  (Sussex)
Spaniel (Welsh Springer)

Group 3: Scent Hounds (14)  (16)
Basset Hound
Beagle (13â??)
Beagle (15â??)
Black and Tan  Coonhound
Bloodhound
Bluetick Coonhound - Miscellaneous  7/1/08
Dachshund (Longhaired)
Dachshund (Smooth)
Dachshund  (Wirehaired)
English Foxhound
Foxhound  (American)
Harrier
Otterhound
Petit Basset Griffon  Vendeen
Plott
Redbone Coonhound â?? Miscellaneous 9/1/08

Group 4:  Sight Hounds (11)
Afghan Hound
Basenji
Borzoi
Greyhound
Ibizan  Hound
Irish Wolfhound
Italian Greyhound
Pharaoh  Hound
Saluki
Scottish Deerhound
Whippet

Group 5: Working (23)  (25)
Anatolian Shepherd
Bernese Mountain Dog
Black Russian  Terrier
Boxer
Bullmastiff
Cane Corso â?? Miscellaneous  7/1/08
Dalmatian
Doberman Pinscher
Dogue de Bordeaux
German  Pinscher
Giant Schnauzer
Great Dane
Great Pyrenees
Greater Swiss  Mountain Dog
Komondor
Kuvasz
Leonberger â?? Miscellaneous  7/1/08
Mastiff
Neapolitan Mastiff
Newfoundland
Portuguese Water  Dog
Rottweiler
Saint Bernard
Standard Schnauzer
Tibetan  Mastiff

Group 6: Terriers (28) (29)
Airedale Terrier
Australian  Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Bedlington Terrier
Border  Terrier
Bull Terrier (Colored)
Bull Terrier (White)
Cairn  Terrier
Cesky Terrier â?? Miscellaneous 7/1/08
Dandie Dinmont Terrier
Fox  Terrier (Smooth)
Fox Terrier (Wire)
Glen of Imaal Terrier
Irish  Terrier
Kerry Blue Terrier
Lakeland Terrier
Manchester Terrier  (Standard)
Miniature Bull Terrier
Miniature Schnauzer
Norfolk  Terrier
Norwich Terrier
Person Russell Terrier
Scottish  Terrier
Sealyham Terrier
Skye Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten  Terrier
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Welsh Terrier
West Highland White  Terrier

Group 7: Toys (21)
Affenpinscher
Brussells  Griffon
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chihuahua (Long Coat)
Chihuahua  (Smooth Coat)
English Toy Spaniel (Blenheim & Prince Charles)
English  Toy Spaniel (King Charles & Ruby)
Havanese
Japanese  Chin
Maltese
Manchester Terrier (Toy)
Miniature  Pinscher
Papillon
Pekingese
Pomeranian
Poodle (Toy)
Pug
Shih  Tzu
Silky Terrier
Toy Fox Terrier
Yorkshire Terrier

Group 8:  Companion (11)
Bichon Frise
Boston Terrier
Bulldog
Chinese  Crested
French Bulldog
Lhasa Apso
Lowchen
Poodle  (Miniature)
Poodle (Standard)
Tibetan Spaniel
Tibetan  Terrier

Group 9: Herding (20) (21)
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian  Shepherd
Bearded Collie
Beauceron
Belgian Malinois
Belgian  Tervuren
Belgian Sheepdog
Border Collie
Bouvier des  Flandres
Briard
Canaan Dog
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Collie  (Rough)
Collie (Smooth)
German Shepherd
Old English  Sheepdog
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Polish Lowland Sheepdog
Puli
Pyrenean  Shepherd â?? Miscellaneous 1/1/07; Full Recognition 1/1/09
Shetland  Sheepdog

Group 10: Northern (13) (16)
Akita

Alaskan  Malamute
American Eskimo Dog
Chinese Shar-Pei
Chow Chow
Finnish  Spitz
Icelandic Sheepdog â?? Miscellaneous 7/1/08
Keeshond
Norwegian  Buhund â?? Miscellaneous 1/1/07; Full Recognition 1/1/09
Norwegian Lundehund â??  Miscellaneous 7/1/08
Norwegian Elkhound
Samoyed
Siberian  Husky
Schipperke