[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need Info -Vestibular Disease in Old Dogs

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx, Cannellidogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, carolmaureen@xxxxxxxxxxx, talldawg@xxxxxxxxxxx, vistatck@xxxxxxxxxxx, Melanie_Elder2000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, phartney@xxxxxxxxxxx, tophatweims@xxxxxxxxxxx, JudieHoward@xxxxxxxxxxx, jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JCannelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linnloch@xxxxxxxxxxx, dezmurray@xxxxxxxxxxx, donjoan@xxxxxxxxxxx, MikePedigo@xxxxxxx, LSP4repo@xxxxxxx, franniesfolly@xxxxxxxxxxx, Scarffes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gussierose@xxxxxxxxxxx, artsinclair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, suboja@xxxxxxx, theresaroyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:49:29 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/2006 1:19:03 PM Central Standard Time, SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
writes:
I know I can google info on this, but would like to hear from any of you  if
you have had vestibular disease in an older dog; what the symptoms were; what
drugs were used and what the outcome was.
One of our old dogs had vestibular disease...He was so bad he could not get
up to try and walk.  My vet told us it was vestibular disease, he stayed there
over night, the next day he was greatly improved and was able to walk out of
the vet clinic. Within a week you would have never known he had anything wrong
with him.  He was back to normal, no staggering or falling over.  He did have
one more attack and I kept him quiet and again he returned to normal...never
had another attack.  He was 11 when he had the vestibular disease. Sorry I
cannot remember what medication he put him on.

Patty Szymczak