[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nationals Per Se

  • From: "RivendellP" <RivendellP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:45:07 -0400

Hiya all...

I’ve read most all of the posts re the Nationals & Da Board. The questions &
problems raised could easily be juxtaposed into posts from 30 years ago had “Da
List” existed then. Back then the same complaints were published in “The
Review’s” Letters to the Editor.

I don’t think any Board has it in for us & by & large they do their best to
achieve goals we set for them. Surely we know they can’t please everyone. Was
Albany a great site other than Magnolia went Select? You bet but it took us
longer to get to Albany from N. CA driving than it took us to get to Perry, GA
by flying & then driving. Each site has it Pro’s & Con’s & there’s always
reasons for people to like one site more than another. I’ve also liked
Longmont, CO, the Purina site, N. Carolina, Ohio as well as disliking several I
won’t mention. While the sites are important...the Judges are more important
sez I. I love to get together with friends of 35+ years but even more when I
think my dogs will do well. If that’s the case...even Beaumont (flying 6 hours
& driving 4) or Salt Lake...driving 2 days...or the Canadian National in
Kitchener is doable...with a smile on my face!

Paul