[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National - do the math

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:14:23 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2005 2:15:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>  First - after each class we need photos - allowing 15 minutes per class,  7
classes which does not include veterans or winners is 105  minutes...>

I would suggest another way of handling the photos. If you do dogs  one day
and bitches another,at the end of dogs or bitches judging  ,you would have all
your dogs or bitches gathering to go in for winners.  Take  the pictures
before or after winners class. All dogs are there. The  photographer is in
place
and all set up . The owners are there to get the  dog's attention. One dog
after
another can be photographed in a very short time.  If the Pres or Show chair
is going to be in the picture, they only have to be at  the area one
time,instead of this getting everyone there after each class. Much  more
efficient
,much less time  Easier for the photographer.  I've  done  Bitches twice at the
National,as well as Intersex.,and always  did my photos at the end.. I feel as
Barbara does ,you lose your momentum. If  you do the Dogs one day and Bitches
the next--its just like Specials. You judge  all day,with a 45 min lunch
break,and when you are through, everyone is relaxed  and you take pictures.
This
taking pictures after each class,came about for two  reasons,I think. Our
Specialty Shows are smaller now and if it takes most of the  day,no one minds.
So we
got in the habit of taking pictures after each class ,so  everyone who wanted
a photo could get it,and the show photographer could make  some money The
National is another ball of wax The other reason  was, they do the gaiting
video
of each winner,or placer,and got in the habit  of topping it off with a still
photo.  Believe me, it is much less  wasted time(no down time) if you go right
through and finish judging your  dogs,and then take photos, I did the photos
before winners,to give the open  animal a rest. But it could be done either way
the judge wanted it.  Just  something else to  consider.           Helen
Miller Fisher