[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NIS

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "frank fasano" <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, zilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:04:22 -0500

In my opinion..the artist is in fact is probably doing the best she
can...however the artist is not the creative director. It is up to the
person in charge to convey to the artist what is desired...this is where I
believe the NIS becomes problematic. I am reminded of a semantics class I
took a long time ago...the first day of class my instructor passed around
paper..and asked all 30 of us to draw a teapot..simple enough...he then
collected the papers...and held up each students rendering...there were 30
versions of a teapot..the point that he made..and that left an impression
with me, is that we all bring different ideas to any project..in the case
of the NIS...the artist..being a human..brings to the canvas her idea of
"ideal" based on her knowledge of the breed...it is then up to the creative
director to say...OK...we need this graphic to be edited to represent this
the breed in this manner...the artist then makes the changes that meets
with the directors concept. The artist is only an extension of the
director..the artist is not and should not be in charge of the project.
Christine Grainger

Horse
> when asked- dislike as a discription may not be fair- if she prefers the
> german lines so what- I personally think she has given it her best shot
and
> is worn out on the project- her current position is take them as they are
or
> leave them- any of you willing to take over and if so let the Board
members
> know-Kris

WILL

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org

> > POST is Copyrighted 2005.  All material remains the property of the
FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
BE