[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NATIONAL BLOG and CANDIDATES' FORUM

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:17:48 -0400

Evan did indeed tell us last year that he wanted to make sure the National
Blog was available to anyone who wanted to read it.  For the record, there
was no need for him to insist - the List Management was more than happy to
do that, it was just a question of figuring out how.  The project was the
natural evolution of Evan's reporting of the prior National via email.  Zoe
and I worked for quite a while to make it work, Evan has mentioned in some
of his posts how high-maintenance he was at the beginning. LOL  I am certain
it will be much easier this year, like riding a bike.

Showgsd-l has always made a great deal of breed and show-related information
available on our web site to the public - that is one of the reasons we
provide the web site in the first place - we feel that that promotion is
important to the fancy.  The private areas are only those that relate to the
List, List posts, Post archives, and the Membership list.  The National Blog
is a perfect example of how technology can bring the National closer to
everyone who is interested, but unable to be there personally.

Zoe set it up this year, as she did last year.  She and I have started
testing it, and when Evan is ready to experiment with it, we will all make
sure it is fully operational, so that it will work as well as it did last
year.  There are many different ways of working to contribute to the Fancy -
the List Administrators have always intended Showgsd-l to be just such a
contribution, and so are particularly pleased to see it used to facilitate
communication with the GSDCA candidates and to promote the GSDCA National.

We would also encourage the Regional Clubs to use Showgsd-l to promote your
upcoming shows, events, educational programs, remind people of impending
closing dates for entries, etc..  Some clubs do that, and they tell us that
putting the word out on the List seems to help entries and turnout.  It is
easy, and it is FREE.  Healthy Regional Clubs are critical to the fancy, and
we want to do everything in our power to assist your success.

Margery Golant
Showgsd-l Administrator
Recording Secretary, GSDCA