[ SHOWGSD-L ] My thanks

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:43:28 -0400

Thanks so much to the GSDC of Sacramento for providing great hospitality, good
sportsmanship, AND nice weather.  This was quite a trip.
 8:00 AM. Friday April 02,  headed for the Train Station.  Arrived to catch
8:30 AM train.  Took a seat and pulled out  paperback to read.  After a ten
minute wait came the announcement "THERE HAS BEEN AN ACCIDENT ON THE TRACK
MIDTOWN, YOU WILL RIDE THE TRAIN TO MIDTOWN AND THEN BE BUSSED THROUGH TOWN
AROUND THE ACCIDENT AND PUT ON ANOTHER TRAIN TO THE STATION".  Across the isle
a nervous lady asked

"Are you headed for the airport" "Yes, "Do you want to share a cab to the
airport, we will never make our flight and we are going abroad for our
anniversary"!!!!  Called Ron on ell phone, he was 1/2 way back to the house, &
was  leaving for Charlotte to go to the SE Futurity with Scarlet.  He turned
around, came back & we "flew" through town with the other couple in the back
seat. She handed us her card saying "we owe you, I am a prosecuting Attorney,
if you every need one call me".  We stated thanks but we hope we never need
you.  Rushed to the gate, flight was canceled.  Mechanical trouble.  Three
hours later another aircraft arrived..  Missed the connection in Phoenix.
Tried to call Bob Grady to let him know.  Arrived in Sacramento amid black
clouds and evidence of HEAVY RAIN.   Poor Bob had to pick me up at late hour.

Following day, cloudy but NO RAIN, later the sun came out and it was beautiful.

Thank you exhibitors for your entries.

Winners Dog
Woodside's CK Kid ( Woodside's Texas Ranger x Woodside's LaQuita)
Medium size, good head with strong back skull and underjaw, dark eye, well
placed ears. Good coupling with short strong loin. A steady mover with a very
strong middle piece. Clean on both ends, good feet and pasterns.  Used himself
efficiently.  Could work all day.  Needs a better croup.

Winners Bitch
Talimar's Aviana's Kiwi Tebe Nobe (Ch Longs Peak Travel'n Man Talimar x Ch
Talimar's One Step Above)
A ground covering gait, effortless, elegant long neck. clean, strong back,
could be closer coupled.  Out moved the male for BOW.   Was told this was
reserve Bitch from National

BOB
Ch Long's Peak Ginger Bread Cookie (Ch Woodside's The Bounty Hunter x GV Ch
Castlehill's Tuff Cookie PT ROM)
A bitch with an exceptional head.  Broad back skull, dark eyes, perfect ear
set. Strong with excellent substance and correct oval bone topped off by
perfect pasterns and feet. She has a hard middle piece, with short strong loin
and gradually sloping topline. Her hocks are strong and of correct length.  She
uses herself well with strong drive from the rear and good follow through.  I
would like to see a lower tail set.  Over all a very nice one.

BOS
Ch Rohan's Reward ( Ch Witmer's Jamiroquai ROM x Sel Ch Utopia's Blast From the
Past ROM)
A nicely pigmented male with a strong back and easy motion.  He is strong of
back and is clean and easy on the down and back.

BP
Asgard's Kierkegaard
A big puppy with nice masculinity. He has good feet and pasterns and nice oval
bone. Clean down and back.  He is a little up in the rear right now but when he
moves he drops his rear and drives nicely.  He opens in the front and reaches
well.

BOP
Scherzar's Scheeza Peggy Sue ( Ch Woodside CK Jericho Stoneway x Ch Scherzar's
Zoria)
A promising puppy with nice coupling and clean action.  She was a bit busy in
motion today and did not want to slow down.

Had a nice dinner after the show with Charlotte and Joe LaRosa and Bob Grady.
Nadine was coming down with a cold and wisely went home to bed.  Thank you Bob
and Nadine for all the transportation and to my very efficient  ring steward
Lois Gregor. Hard workers included Sharon Allbright and Carolyn Martello. with
Evan cooking the famous hot-dogs, topped by fantastic chili courtesy of Evan
and Tedi.

Back to airport by Bob to catch a redeye in order to attend a graduation and
maybe part of SE Futurity . Plane into Charlotte was EARLY.  What a NICE day,
BIF thanks to husband Ron who saw to it that they got there even if I maybe
couldn't make it. I was only able to see bitches and then back to Motel to
change for late afternoon graduation from Pre Med.  Thanks to the clubs for
their hard work.