[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My 2 Cents

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, your final words say it all.  It is not about law, in the
long run.  I speed now and then and only get caught when I don't listen to my
inner voice.  I do other things too that the law frowns on, but I keep my Karma
in the front of my mind.

  And I keep my Dogma close to my Karma so it don't get run over.

  What goes around comes around, and that in the long run that is what we have,
in life and in dogs.

  I do one good deed a day for someone I have never met, if I can.  I say
please and thank you to stranger and wait staff.  And I hope to continue to run
great dog shows for everyone and anyone who wants to show a German Shepherd.  I
never say I can't talk, but I have been known to say, can you call me later?

  If everyone of us here would be nice, just be nice, even when we are mad,
none of this would be as sickening as it is.

  I have been married for a short 19 years.  Not by being selfish and bitchy,
but by turning the other cheek and slowly teaching what will get a better
response next time.  I am still married in a world with 50% divorce rate.  I
won't say it is easy or plain fun.  It has been and will continue to be work to
be nice.

  But we have to work at being nice, more.
  sheila
caggra@xxxxxxx wrote:
  You are exactly right Terry.?

Yes, people should all be held accountable equally.? However, Kathy's analogy
about being measured by the same yardstick I think is a partial cop-out for
those who chose to use it.??Those?caught breaking a rule (of the List or in
life) and their supporters will natually cling to this "oh but others did it
and nothing was done to them" mentality.? That is not the way life works.? It's
not the way accountability works.? Everyday people break the law and do not get
caught or they get a good lawyer and get off with barely a slap on the wrist.?
Does that mean that if I break the law then I can get off by proving that
someone else out there in the world did not get the same punishment?? The
answer is no.? Be accountable for your actions.?

That being said, none of us know all of the facts or both sides of this issue!?
So, why is there arguing over it?? I know it is natural to support those you
care about, but if you don't know all the facts you are just stirring the pot
without knowing the ingredients.?

My personal feeling is that I do think that being off the List for a week or so
is probably a strong enough message to the violators and the rest of the
List.?? However, again, I do not know all the details about what happened.?

Lastly - Terra is EXACTLY Right!? What?goes around DOES?comes around.??
Karma is a very strong force.

Jeff Pyle