[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Must Be A National Coming Up

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:19:32 -0400

Being in the daily business of flying animals I can vouch for the fact that
SOMETIMES it is easier to fly from coast to coast than to smaller cities
located in  various parts of the country..  Why,  because the coast to coast
aircraft are normally wide body, they are direct flights and as such must
carry a lot of fuel.. Cities that were at one time easy (Cincinnati,
Columbus, Toledo etc) are forever changed.  Flights from LAX or SFO to
Orlando for example are direct with wide body planes.   They can take the
larger crates and more of them.  Example NY to SFO or LAX, ATL or Chicago to
the coast is daily as such.  Who knows however what the cost of those
tickets will be in the future?   I am currently having trouble getting two
dogs from Kansas City to LA.
Nancy