[ SHOWGSD-L ] Most Memorable Moments

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:35:53 EDT

I drove up early to check figure out where to park, where to sit, where to
look.   And I was fortunate enough to see the Temperament Tests and the Herding
Instinct Tests. What a treat.    And RMGSDC's coffee was SO gratefully
received that first chilly morning.

Being at the Hospitality Table and meeting all the people that wandered by,
introducing myself and talking a bit.   (Who could resist a FREE Drawing?   And
what ARE you going to do with all those names and email Addy, PR
committee???)

Meeting so many of you with whom I have visited, corresponded, over these
past..goodness 10 years?
Right from the beginning, getting my packets from Gail to my final wave at
Mary Tripp to the last hug with Fran.   All those great listers!!!

Taking Jenn Arends (she hugs GOOOOD) up to meet the Wyoming crowd and knowing
that after traveling 3 states, she may have found a GSD group to call home.

Walking through the stall area, reading the names and getting thrilled
knowing that all those people, all those dogs were soon coming to the National.

Telling everybody who I saw that RMGSDC had the great food spread for those
coming in, getting their stalls and their packets.   WHAT FUN!!   And Colorado
members, you were MOST appreciated at that time, believe me.   Hungry travelers.

Favorite moment?   When Mary Tripp saw my name tag and said in that Great
Texas Accent... Stormy Hope!...and more.   What a smile, what a welcome.   Oh,
had other favorite moments.   When Norma (not L) first came in the Arena.   I
was at the Hospitality Table.   When first so many others and I introduced
ourselves...loved the hugs and warmth.

Most memorable moment.   When all the specialty bitches came in the ring and
were standing around the "ropes."   I realized then, what the "old timers"
talked about when they talked of 100+ classes.   I didn't attempt looking at
individual dogs, just drank in the sight of all those Champions standing there
for
ME!   And I was able to experience it again when the dogs came in the ring.
I still see them, I still see them.

Any negatives?   I did wish that everybody had name tags.   IT made so much
difference for me, people saw my name tag and said "OH, Stormy, I'm ......."
That was neat.   I guessed a lot. LOLL.

And I'm sure it wasn't the announcer's fault, but the PA system was really
difficult to hear, even when the arena was relatively quiet.

And most embarrassing moment?   When I realized that the nice man who had
been asking me questions about the dogs and the venue turned out to be a judge
and breeder/exhibitor from the past.   OY VEY!!!!

Stormy

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com