[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Ride to Dinner

  • From: lewieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:34:07 -0400

I am really sorry that Ed had to walk to the dinner in the cold.? Actually I
guess I am sorry I had to miss the dinner, the band, dancing with my wife and
the fact that I had to walk all by myself too.? When the pictures were
finished, Ed, Nancy, Lea and I were left along with a few people still working
dogs or just talking.? Ed did ask me where the dinner was held and I pointed
out the building. Silly me I should have offered to walk him over there....but
I had to get the water coolers out of the ring, lock up the stall, exercise and
feed my dogs and then go to the dinner.? Nicky had gone over earlier to set up
the dinner and get ready to admit everyone at 6:30 as planned.
When I got to the dinner, around 10pm, it was all over, everyone was waiting
for the program, awards and to hear Ed's speech which was something else wasn't
it?

Nicky did a wonderful job with the decorations, (thank you Joe, Kelly, Susie
and Bill for helping with the set up), I heard the room looked?super and I hear
the band (Kenny Cordova and the Olde Rock Band) was great...sorry I missed
seeing both.

And just who was the Judges' Hospitality Chair?? And why didn't Ed just ask for
a ride?? I am sure there would have been several with cars. And is this really
something we should be griping about?? And finally, where were the people who
are griping about Ed having to walk, were they already at the dinner having
fun?? Maybe they should have come back to the arena to make sure Ed was

Lew
http://mail.aol.com