[ SHOWGSD-L ] More on dog stories....tricks before going outside

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:49:25 EST

As I was donning (what an old fashioned word....I love it) all the cold
weather gear to take dogs outside to play, I was watching Dreamer, twist and
twirl,
jump up straight, twirl and land straight, run get his kong, knowing just
where he left it, nudge me, then twist and twirl, talking all the while.
Moxie,
lady that she is, gave soft little barks and went to see what she could knock
over.   Anything standing around, and she aims for it. Takes a gentle paw
and......  knocked over my snow boots, went for a present under the tree, but I
intervened, over to the fireplace to her basket of soft toys, over they went.
Finally I was ready and Dreamer knows he has to sit and be quiet (or he hurts
my ears!), Moxie is out the door first, then Dreamer rushes out with
permission, letting the neighborhood know "I'M OUT! I'M OUT!"
Fire and Yo have different techniques.   As I go to let them out, they
wrestle around my legs, both competing to see who gets to herd me to the door.

Impeding me all the way, naturally.   I'm shuffling along, pushing the two of
them ahead of me.   Who's herding whom?   Then YO has to get out the door
first,
so that when Fire gets out, he has half a chance of tackling her before she
gets under him with a quick flip.   Then both dash off to the yard, and YO
dashes back to me for a full body rub, then off to Fire again.

I love these dogs

Stormy
In 8 degree snowy Colorado
BUT, HEY, the sun's out.....45 tomorrow!

www.FairhopeGSD.com