[ SHOWGSD-L ] More on Health Certificates, con't

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: german shepherd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:57:53 -0700

More from dog list, permission granted to cross post

Cat breeder/exhibitor here...
Texas requires proof of rabies & I have actually been at a show where
an AC
officer went around & checked for proof of vacination. The officer was
not so
much concerned that I had cat's named X, Y & Z & rabies certifictes
matching
those names as that I had the same number of rabies certificates as
cats.

We travel (by car) to OK & LA - have never had to provide HC, but we
do carry
proof of rabies & it just so happens that my vet is usually the one
driving.

Flying is another matter... if in cabin we must be able to produce
proof of
rabies if asked - in cargo ALWAYS requires HC less than 10 days old
plus proof
of rabies.

Checking the state sites for the rare shows I fly to, proof of rabies
is all
that I have seen required.

When I flew to a show in Mexico City I required HC & proof of rabies
to enter
the country. They had a vet check at the show to provide a Mexican HC
to exit
the country. Major shows like the annual CFA International Show has a
vet
available for International HC to examine the cats from Japan & Europe
so that
they can exit the country after the show.
---------------------
Did some searching... from Oregon website:
Interstate transport of dogs
Rabies vaccination is required for dogs by all states.

Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (abbreviated CVI, sometimes
incorrectly
called a ´health certificate´) is required by all states, except
California
and Texas. Louisiana, Montana requires CVI only if there is a change
in owner.
North Dakota no CVI required when in state for less then 7 days.

Interstate transport of cats

Rabies vaccination is required for cats by all states, except Arizona,
California, Illinois, Iowa, and Oklahoma.

Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (abbreviated CVI, sometimes
incorrectly
called a ´health certificate´) is required for cats by all states,
except
California, Illinois, Texas, and Vermont. Montana requires a CVI only
when
there is a change in ownership. North Dakota no CVI is required when
in state
for less then 7 days
Texas http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/idcu/health/zoonosis/animal/pets/entry/
Entry Requirements for Bringing Dogs and Cats into Texas