[ SHOWGSD-L ] Miracle on Bear Hill Road

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:46:27 -0800 (PST)

Even tho the foster home for Sherlock did not prove to be a good fit...he is
spending
HIS Christmas at Vetcisions Emergency Hospital in Waltham...warm, safe, dry, and
fed. No searching for food in back alleys....no fears of being run down by a
careless
driver....nor sitting shivering in the cold blast of winter winds. He had a
leisurely walk
on the beach in Chatham yesterday and his Guardian Angel Jo from HEROS rescue
has been driving from the Berkshires to Waltham to give him love and attention.
These kind of stories are ONLY possible because of the dedication of those who
give of themselves...day in and day out, year after year, to help just one more
sweet
soul live another day...and by the generosity of those who send their dollars
that
enable the Rescue to continue its efforts.
Through your donations, LHSH was able to raise nearly 200$ to send along for
Sherlock! We have also donated a brand new 700 suitcase crate for his use
complete
with a nice crate mat and bucket.
Yes, we are still here...if in smaller doses now due to some serious family
health
issues my husband and I are facing. To date, we have never had to refuse to
assist a dog in need...
big or small, we have always been able to offer SOMETHING. This is in large
part,
thanks to you.
When I spoke to Jo regarding Sherlock, I reminded her that literally hundreds of
 dogs are still alive today because of the commitment of the  people on these
lists. I explained to her that not ALL breeders are bad people...that most of us
quietly step up for those who have no where to turn either with financial
backing,
transporting, or offering to foster...making phone calls...helping with fund
raising.
They are the backbone of Rescue.
I once coined a famous phrase, albeit with a twist..."It takes a village to
save a breed".
Thank you all for your efforts.
Wishing everyone all the miracles of the Season....Sherlock already got his.
Dawn and the Team from LHSH.org