[ SHOWGSD-L ] German Shepherd Dog Club of Canada Agility Trials

  • From: Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 19:21:55 -0500

For those of you who are setting up your schedules for 2013, please make
sure that you pencil in the German Shepherd Dog Club of Canada’s set of 6
agility trials to be held at Wimberway Farms in Powassan, ON on July 5, 6, &
7th 2013 (Friday – Sunday).  Our judges will be Wendy Beard of Carp, ON and
Sherri Gourlie of Hillsdale, ON.
This will be the first time that the GSDCC has offered a trial up in this
area and we would like the event to be a success to ensure that we can
continue to offer CKC agility trials in the area.
So remember to mark your calendars, July 5, 6 & 7th 2013...two trials per
day, all classes Standard and Jumpers with Weaves.

We would be thrilled to help teach newcomers about agility trials.  Come and
volunteer your time for a couple of hours a day and you will get the best
view of the event – right in the ring with the judge and dog.    Agility is
addictive...think of riding a Grand Prix horse (say Big Ben as an example),
in agility you do all the same things that a Grand Prix rider does, you walk
a course and plan the best strategy to get your team around in record time
with no faults.  We do it, without a bridle, without a saddle and without
touching our animals.  Teamwork?  You bet.

There is limited dry camping available at the trial site, with a large
natural pond for the dogs (and handlers) to cool off in if it is a warm day.
The Field is fully fenced – 4 feet high and lush grass.   Come, join us, and
see how much fun you can have with your dog. (And for those of you with
spouses who enjoy the outdoors, there is great fishing about 5 miles down
the road at Wasi Lodge).

Should be a great time,
Mary-Anne Boulet
GSDCC Agility Chair