[ SHOWGSD-L ] Membership

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:04:31 -0500

Hi All;
I have been reading all the posts in regards to membership and how being the #2
breed and our Parent Club numbers are dwindling.

This should be of concern, since our Parent Club is probably one of the easiest
to become a member. If you look at the Labrador
Parent Club, I believe their number is less than 1000 members as it is very
difficult to become a Parent Club member and since my husband has Labs we have
lots of friends, that are Judges, Breeders of Merits and not members of this
Club.

Yet, the numbers of Labs being shown are holding at good numbers and you have
new people coming into the breed. One thing I will say that I have seen in Labs
is very strong mentoring and help to puppy buyers who want to show. Also many
Labs are owner handled, especially at the Specialities.

Just food for though.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx