[ SHOWGSD-L ] Masticatory Muscle Myositis

  • From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:07:39 GMT

 I've had a call from a friend/puppy buyer who has a brother and sister they
 bought from me 2 years ago.  The male over time has a pronounced bump
 on  his head and indentations above his eyebrows.  Debbie talked to her vet
 about this, did a blood test and came up with the above diagnosis.  There
are
no other symptoms.  According the to sheet that my friend faxed to me the
 dogs usually have shrunken facial muscles and their ability to open their
mouth is severely restricted.  The vet said the "scale" for this bloodtest is
 between 1-4,000 and Cody's results are in the 1,000 range.  She has put
 Cody on prednisone for 3 weeks.  She put the dog on 30 mg. but the owners
 say he's a lethargic mess and called the vet.  She dropped the dosage down
 to 20mg.  Any information for myself and the owner would be welcome.

 CandyZ

candiasgsd.com