[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mambership

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx, helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:26:24 -0500 (EST)

I'm going to stick up for handlers here.  There are an awful lot of  people
that can't get a dog to a handler, ringside, in good weight, good coat  and
super physical and mental condition.  And there are some who want  to be in
the "show" game but just can't pick a good dog.

Truthfully I've not had a handler say "no" to showing a dog I felt was
ready (and I grow them out here and condition them here), or said "no" to
showing a dog because I didn't use one of the males they are  promoting ....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 1/31/2012 5:02:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I Agee  with everything you have said but how does one go about changing
things  .  People sign on as co-breeders all the time and really have nothing
to  do with the litter

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2012, at 3:36  PM, Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi  Molly,
>
> I am a new (very) old wrinkled face returning and a  subject I've
discussed on another List is my
> concern over the amount  of influence handlers have in the breed.  New
people are  convinced
> that they have to send their dogs to "training camp" and/or  the handler
will not handle the dog.
> Handlers select purchases, stud  dogs, advertising, the copy "in" the
advertising and everything
>  relating to the dog, at the owners expense of course.  Sometimes the
handlers find owners
> that have substantial funds and use and abuse  these owners.  Sometimes
the handlers have
> personal vendettas and  do not do the best for their clients or their
dogs.  Handlers should  be
> handlers first.  Breeders are breeders and exhibitors are  exhibitors.
One can be a breeder and
> exhibitor, but a handler  should only be all three with the dogs they
have bred.

> Yes, it does look like we have  had some new old faces back.
>
> For all of you that don't post  but lurk, is there topics that you are
> interested in but afraid  to be on the spot or look silly asking?   if
there is
>  something you are interested in, maybe send to one of us who post daily
> ask for you, or send to the admin and they can post an anonymous
question
> for  you.
>
> One thing is a given,  nothing better dog people like to do is talk about

> dogs.  LOL
>
> Molly
>

> In a message dated  1/31/2012 3:13:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>  sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> doubt  the membership has dropped
>
> People Just wait till an interesting topic  comes up to  join in.
>
> Looks to me like some old time members are  joining  in again

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original
> author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the original  author AND of the
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.   This group
and its
> administrators are not responsible for the  comments or opinions
expressed in any
> post.
>
> ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A
> VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.