[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MY THOUGHTS ON SAN ANTONIO

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

    Perhaps S.A. might be the guide for club-folding-prevention.
  Shows should be fun, win or lose.  It sure ain't  gonna make
  the loss more palatable if you ain't had no fun.  Besides,  since
  there can be only a set number of winners, shouldn't everyone
  count on a well-spent fun weekend when they go to a show ?
  It used to be that way, and clubs flourished and grew. Don't have
  the answer, but it seems that if the "green eyed monster'  has
  so invaded our sport (and our breed)  we are no longer  interested
  in the betterment of the GSD, only in wins and records.  SAD
      (I would have been there had I not been contracted for another
  show, first one I've missed in more years than I want to admit.)
      Congratulations to S.A.
                           Carolyn
Mo Murkland <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!! Talk about windy! It
was close to 90 yesterday and  for once I was thankful for the wind! Spunky
took 2nd out of a class of  8 in Am Bred...........I was so proud of him! He
went in first in line  and he fought till the bitter end and went back to 2nd,
not bad for a  young dog that has only been in the ring less than a handful of
times.  Dubya fought the battle two..............and took a 2nd. Then the
PAR-TAY was on! We all went to the El Mercado and HIT the leather shop  with a
vengence! I got this 2 foot long carry on, DEEP leather bag for  a whopping
$39! Then on to the purses...........Lee was rounding the  corner with 3 in
hand............Jimmy was going "Lord SAVE ME". Found  me a new
one...........and I have 4 at home, some 15 years old that  refuse to wear out!
Lee is now headed for the back  packs..............Jimmy is on his knees,
praying! Pat Evans is having  a hey day...........and not enough hands.
 Rounding the corner again is  Lee....................w
  ild eyed and credit card in hand. It is a fight to the finish!Lee  checks out
first and her credit card BURNS the machine up! Then I am  2nd and "Mr Rodgers"
Patty is in 3rd...........
 Now it is on to the  La Margarita..............YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lee hollers
I want the  fish bowl Rita! Has the straw ready to inhale the thing as soon as
it  is put in front of her. Jimmy, now having a pace maker, is calming down
with a beer. I FINALLY after a year have my Sangria Rita...........and  all is
right inn this world. Chips and salsa arrives.........pansies  from Michigan
get a taste of the salsa, and Jimmy is having a
coniption..................spitting FIRE out of his mouth. Lee has no  more
asthma problems, the salsa cured that!WE eat till we are
SICK...............and stumble back to the hotel to walk dogs and go to  bed.
 Saturday morn comes...........Grace Eaton shows up with her  Dubya boy
Lazurus. 3 1/2 months old........and so full of himself he  can't walk
straight. Spunky is wired again............different judge,  he only gets 4th
out of 8. Dubya is feeling better............and he  gave Open all he could and
went 2nd again. Then it was set around and  wait......................cause we
were going to do "IT" again. Let me  add here, I keep having these people come
up and introduce themselves  and saying " I was told you are MO" I have to
laugh, and they tell me  how much they love my posts!
 Do "IT" time again. Man the Ealy's  are WIMPS.............wearing sunscreen at
100! Lee is having the  "vapors" from the HEAT, (this isn't HEAT, this is warm)
Had to do the  leather shop one more time.........Lee is on a mission, and poor
Jimmy  is standing in the corner with $$$$$$$$$$ running thru his eyes. I
NEEDED one more carry on bag and just ONE more purse........now Grace  and her
bunch are with us....the girls have their marinets and fiesta  halo's
on.......then you guessed it the La Margarita AGAIN! This time  Amy is getting
the girls going and they are making masks from the flour  tortillas.........and
having a belching contest. Lee has her gigunda  Rita AGAIN.............we all
play pork city.................and I am  selling gas x for $5 a pill!
 I can't thank the San Antonio club  ENOUGH! They put on one HELLUVA show!
Rose's  lasagna......................bar-b-q...............we would have loved
to win...............BUT we came for a great time..........and we sure  had
that! Mo
POST  is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of  any kind

PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE

starting at 1&cent;/min.