[ SHOWGSD-L ] Louisville Kennel Club letter to exhibitors

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:48:01 EDT

Begin forwarded message:

Louisville Kennel Club letter to exhibitors

Welcome to Louisville

On behalf of the Louisville Kennel Club I wish to express our gratitude for
your support

of our shows. We are pleased again to host the Kentuckiana Cluster of Shows

and we acknowledge our exhibitors as the major reason we are able to
continue in

this role.

Because of your support in the form of entries and your generous
contributions to our

legislative fund, we recently scored our first major victory in the legal
battle over the

anti-dog legislation that was enacted by the Louisville Metro-Council.
Metro-Council

had violated the Open Meetings Act and the entire ordinance was thrown out!

This fight is far from over and as you read this, the Council is likely
working to reenact

this legislation sans the Open Meetings violation. It is of utmost
importance that

we continue to receive your support in our efforts to slow the progress of
the Animal

Rights (AR) movement.

Sadly, the general public is sl~w to recognize the difference between Animal
Rights

and Animal Welfare. The major AR organizations are extremely well-funded
because

of donations they receive from well meaning individuals who are led to
believe that

they are actually helping animals. These funds are used almost exclusively
to promote

legislation that can only be labeled as anti-pet.

Wherever you hear of proposed legislation concerning vicious dogs or
mandatory

spay/neuter requirements you can be assured that these AR groups are in
support.

Wherever the term 'task force' is mentioned in the same breath as 'animal
legislation'

you can be certain that the AR groups are behind it. If the sport of
purebred dogs is

to continue into the next generation we must all become involved NOW. It is
not only

the time to act; it is the time for ALL OF US to become completely immersed
in the

fight to save all domestic animals.

My personal advice is for each person who really cares about the welfare and
the

future of domestic animals to study the AR movement. Become aware of their
history

and their methods. I believe that our best option for a unified front is the
National

Animal Interest Alliance. Please visit their website at www.naiaonline.org
and study the

material concerning the AR movement. The NAIA has the history and the
leadership

that we all need to take advantage of. This organization should become the
focal

point of our efforts to unite all local dog, cat, horse, and rabbit clubs as
well as the

various sportsmen's associations. Together we can and must regain the
position of

leadership in the arena of animal welfare that the AR movement has hijacked.

Again, thank you. Your support is most appreciated!

Steve Fox

President, Louisville Kennel Club

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)